- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Small wind energy workshop at Freedom Field Sept. 10
Is a small wind turbine the answer to reducing your electric bill? How do you know what size wind turbine is right for your house or business?
Methods to answer these questions and others will be presented at the Small Wind Options Workshop from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Monday, Sept. 10, at Freedom Field, 3333 Kishwaukee St., Rockford.
“There is not a single answer to these questions, but through simple engineering and economic analysis, we can provide individual perspectives,” said Jay Solomon, U of I Extension Energy and Environmental Stewardship Educator.
Whether you want to learn about the opportunities wind may present or are evaluating different systems, this workshop will have something for you.
Two different wind turbine systems are on-site at Freedom Field and will be available for viewing. Pre-registration is required by calling U of I Extension at (815) 986-4357 or online at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw. Cost is $5 to attend.
From the Sept. 5-11, 2012, issue