- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Autumn on the Prairie Sept. 15 at Nachusa Grasslands Preserve
Online Staff Report
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — The Nature Conservancy’s Nachusa Grasslands Preserve presents its annual Autumn on the Prairie festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 15.
The day’s activities include steward-guided tours of restored native prairie and savannas, educational exhibits, butterfly hikes, self-guided prairie plant exploration hikes and rides through the prairie in a horse-drawn wagon.
Additional activities include live music, local artists at work, children’s activity tent and presentations by Northern Illinois Raptor Rehab and Education.
The event is free and open to the public. Local vendors will be on site to provide food and beverage for purchase. The event is held rain or shine.
The preserve is 3 miles northwest of Franklin Grove, Ill., at 8772 S. Lowden Road. Directional signs will be posted. Franklin Grove is about an hour southwest of Rockford.
Posted Sept. 12, 2012