- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Autumn on the Prairie Sept. 15 at Nachusa Grasslands Preserve
Online Staff Report
FRANKLIN GROVE, Ill. — The Nature Conservancy’s Nachusa Grasslands Preserve presents its annual Autumn on the Prairie festival from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 15.
The day’s activities include steward-guided tours of restored native prairie and savannas, educational exhibits, butterfly hikes, self-guided prairie plant exploration hikes and rides through the prairie in a horse-drawn wagon.
Additional activities include live music, local artists at work, children’s activity tent and presentations by Northern Illinois Raptor Rehab and Education.
The event is free and open to the public. Local vendors will be on site to provide food and beverage for purchase. The event is held rain or shine.
The preserve is 3 miles northwest of Franklin Grove, Ill., at 8772 S. Lowden Road. Directional signs will be posted. Franklin Grove is about an hour southwest of Rockford.
Posted Sept. 12, 2012