- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
College Baseball: Rock Valley hosts Baseball Prospect Showcase Oct. 6-7
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host a Baseball Prospect Showcase Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6-7, at RVC Field on the college’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
Cost to participate is $50. This is not a two-day camp, so interested players should choose which day to attend.
This is a showcase only. There is no instruction promised to players, which is why the cost is kept very low compared to other events around the Midwest.
The mission of having this event is to get student-athletes exposed to collegiate coaches and to have prospective student-athletes on the RVC campus. The event is open to all high school-aged players from the classes of 2013-2016.
A pro-style workout will be held, similar to those used at most Major League Baseball (MLB) tryouts. Coaches from all divisions (NCAA divisions I, II, III; NAIA, NJCAA) as well as MLB scouts will be present. Coaches from the following colleges are scheduled to attend: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois State University, Quincy University, MacMurray College, Spalding University and RVC.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue