- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
College Baseball: Rock Valley hosts Baseball Prospect Showcase Oct. 6-7
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host a Baseball Prospect Showcase Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6-7, at RVC Field on the college’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
Cost to participate is $50. This is not a two-day camp, so interested players should choose which day to attend.
This is a showcase only. There is no instruction promised to players, which is why the cost is kept very low compared to other events around the Midwest.
The mission of having this event is to get student-athletes exposed to collegiate coaches and to have prospective student-athletes on the RVC campus. The event is open to all high school-aged players from the classes of 2013-2016.
A pro-style workout will be held, similar to those used at most Major League Baseball (MLB) tryouts. Coaches from all divisions (NCAA divisions I, II, III; NAIA, NJCAA) as well as MLB scouts will be present. Coaches from the following colleges are scheduled to attend: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois State University, Quincy University, MacMurray College, Spalding University and RVC.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue