- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
College Baseball: Rock Valley hosts Baseball Prospect Showcase Oct. 6-7
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host a Baseball Prospect Showcase Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6-7, at RVC Field on the college’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
Cost to participate is $50. This is not a two-day camp, so interested players should choose which day to attend.
This is a showcase only. There is no instruction promised to players, which is why the cost is kept very low compared to other events around the Midwest.
The mission of having this event is to get student-athletes exposed to collegiate coaches and to have prospective student-athletes on the RVC campus. The event is open to all high school-aged players from the classes of 2013-2016.
A pro-style workout will be held, similar to those used at most Major League Baseball (MLB) tryouts. Coaches from all divisions (NCAA divisions I, II, III; NAIA, NJCAA) as well as MLB scouts will be present. Coaches from the following colleges are scheduled to attend: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois State University, Quincy University, MacMurray College, Spalding University and RVC.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue