- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
College Baseball: Rock Valley hosts Baseball Prospect Showcase Oct. 6-7
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host a Baseball Prospect Showcase Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6-7, at RVC Field on the college’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
Cost to participate is $50. This is not a two-day camp, so interested players should choose which day to attend.
This is a showcase only. There is no instruction promised to players, which is why the cost is kept very low compared to other events around the Midwest.
The mission of having this event is to get student-athletes exposed to collegiate coaches and to have prospective student-athletes on the RVC campus. The event is open to all high school-aged players from the classes of 2013-2016.
A pro-style workout will be held, similar to those used at most Major League Baseball (MLB) tryouts. Coaches from all divisions (NCAA divisions I, II, III; NAIA, NJCAA) as well as MLB scouts will be present. Coaches from the following colleges are scheduled to attend: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois State University, Quincy University, MacMurray College, Spalding University and RVC.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue