- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
College Baseball: Rock Valley hosts Baseball Prospect Showcase Oct. 6-7
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host a Baseball Prospect Showcase Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6-7, at RVC Field on the college’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford.
Cost to participate is $50. This is not a two-day camp, so interested players should choose which day to attend.
This is a showcase only. There is no instruction promised to players, which is why the cost is kept very low compared to other events around the Midwest.
The mission of having this event is to get student-athletes exposed to collegiate coaches and to have prospective student-athletes on the RVC campus. The event is open to all high school-aged players from the classes of 2013-2016.
A pro-style workout will be held, similar to those used at most Major League Baseball (MLB) tryouts. Coaches from all divisions (NCAA divisions I, II, III; NAIA, NJCAA) as well as MLB scouts will be present. Coaches from the following colleges are scheduled to attend: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois State University, Quincy University, MacMurray College, Spalding University and RVC.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue