- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Cruise contest open to Illinois family caregivers; Sept. 15 deadline
Online Staff Report
Family caregivers understand all too well the stress of caring for an aging loved one — and how great it can be to have a break. That’s why residents of Illinois are invited to nominate deserving family caregivers — or themselves — for the opportunity to win a free, five-day cruise.
The Home Instead Senior Care network is sponsoring the cruise for one lucky caregiving hero and guest. Submit nominations and vote by Sept. 15 at http://cruise.caregiverstress.com/.
The five-night, six-day Caregiver Cruise is scheduled for Feb. 25 to March 2, 2013, on the Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas. The cruise will set sail from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., with stops in Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica. In addition to the cruise, the winning recipient and guest will receive 40 hours of free care from a Home Instead Senior Care professional CAREGiverSM for their senior loved one while they are away.
“The stress of caregiving eventually takes its toll on those looking after an aging family member,” said President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Jeff Huber of Home Instead, Inc., franchisor of the Home Instead Senior Care network. “That’s why we are pleased to be sponsoring this tropical get-away for a deserving family caregiver.”
For more about Home Instead Senior Care, go to www.homeinstead.com.
Posted Sept. 12, 2012