- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
Cruise contest open to Illinois family caregivers; Sept. 15 deadline
Online Staff Report
Family caregivers understand all too well the stress of caring for an aging loved one — and how great it can be to have a break. That’s why residents of Illinois are invited to nominate deserving family caregivers — or themselves — for the opportunity to win a free, five-day cruise.
The Home Instead Senior Care network is sponsoring the cruise for one lucky caregiving hero and guest. Submit nominations and vote by Sept. 15 at http://cruise.caregiverstress.com/.
The five-night, six-day Caregiver Cruise is scheduled for Feb. 25 to March 2, 2013, on the Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas. The cruise will set sail from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., with stops in Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica. In addition to the cruise, the winning recipient and guest will receive 40 hours of free care from a Home Instead Senior Care professional CAREGiverSM for their senior loved one while they are away.
“The stress of caregiving eventually takes its toll on those looking after an aging family member,” said President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Jeff Huber of Home Instead, Inc., franchisor of the Home Instead Senior Care network. “That’s why we are pleased to be sponsoring this tropical get-away for a deserving family caregiver.”
For more about Home Instead Senior Care, go to www.homeinstead.com.
Posted Sept. 12, 2012