- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Unity Hospice of Western Illinois names administrator
Michael Klein, president of Unity Hospice LLC, has announced the hiring of Mary Deem Maxted as its administrator for the Western Illinois Office.
“Mary’s experience as a hospice director is matched only by her passion for the mission of community-based hospice programs,” said Klein. “We look forward to working with Mary to further develop our services and grow in partnership with the communities we serve.”
Maxted has more than 23 years of experience in leadership positions with hospice programs. She has a bachelor’s of arts degree in Community Leadership and Development from Alverno College in Milwaukee. She is a past board member and president of the Illinois Hospice and Palliative Care Association and the Hospice and Palliative Experts of Wisconsin. Maxted has been a community volunteer for various chambers of commerce, Rotary and Junior Achievement, schools and churches. She is a native of Rock Falls, Ill.
Unity Hospice is a family-owned and operated hospice committed to providing comprehensive care and support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses. Unity Hospice of Western Illinois is based in Rochelle and serves counties including Boone, Bureau, Carroll, DeKalb, Grundy, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lasalle, Lee, McHenry, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue