- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
Unity Hospice of Western Illinois names administrator
Michael Klein, president of Unity Hospice LLC, has announced the hiring of Mary Deem Maxted as its administrator for the Western Illinois Office.
“Mary’s experience as a hospice director is matched only by her passion for the mission of community-based hospice programs,” said Klein. “We look forward to working with Mary to further develop our services and grow in partnership with the communities we serve.”
Maxted has more than 23 years of experience in leadership positions with hospice programs. She has a bachelor’s of arts degree in Community Leadership and Development from Alverno College in Milwaukee. She is a past board member and president of the Illinois Hospice and Palliative Care Association and the Hospice and Palliative Experts of Wisconsin. Maxted has been a community volunteer for various chambers of commerce, Rotary and Junior Achievement, schools and churches. She is a native of Rock Falls, Ill.
Unity Hospice is a family-owned and operated hospice committed to providing comprehensive care and support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses. Unity Hospice of Western Illinois is based in Rochelle and serves counties including Boone, Bureau, Carroll, DeKalb, Grundy, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lasalle, Lee, McHenry, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue