- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Unity Hospice of Western Illinois names administrator
Michael Klein, president of Unity Hospice LLC, has announced the hiring of Mary Deem Maxted as its administrator for the Western Illinois Office.
“Mary’s experience as a hospice director is matched only by her passion for the mission of community-based hospice programs,” said Klein. “We look forward to working with Mary to further develop our services and grow in partnership with the communities we serve.”
Maxted has more than 23 years of experience in leadership positions with hospice programs. She has a bachelor’s of arts degree in Community Leadership and Development from Alverno College in Milwaukee. She is a past board member and president of the Illinois Hospice and Palliative Care Association and the Hospice and Palliative Experts of Wisconsin. Maxted has been a community volunteer for various chambers of commerce, Rotary and Junior Achievement, schools and churches. She is a native of Rock Falls, Ill.
Unity Hospice is a family-owned and operated hospice committed to providing comprehensive care and support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses. Unity Hospice of Western Illinois is based in Rochelle and serves counties including Boone, Bureau, Carroll, DeKalb, Grundy, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lasalle, Lee, McHenry, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue