- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Unity Hospice of Western Illinois names administrator
Michael Klein, president of Unity Hospice LLC, has announced the hiring of Mary Deem Maxted as its administrator for the Western Illinois Office.
“Mary’s experience as a hospice director is matched only by her passion for the mission of community-based hospice programs,” said Klein. “We look forward to working with Mary to further develop our services and grow in partnership with the communities we serve.”
Maxted has more than 23 years of experience in leadership positions with hospice programs. She has a bachelor’s of arts degree in Community Leadership and Development from Alverno College in Milwaukee. She is a past board member and president of the Illinois Hospice and Palliative Care Association and the Hospice and Palliative Experts of Wisconsin. Maxted has been a community volunteer for various chambers of commerce, Rotary and Junior Achievement, schools and churches. She is a native of Rock Falls, Ill.
Unity Hospice is a family-owned and operated hospice committed to providing comprehensive care and support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses. Unity Hospice of Western Illinois is based in Rochelle and serves counties including Boone, Bureau, Carroll, DeKalb, Grundy, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lasalle, Lee, McHenry, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue