- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Youth Sports: Youth indoor volleyball programs begin in September
A variety of opportunities for youth to learn and play indoor volleyball is offered year-round at Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park.
Registration is under way for instructional programs beginning in September and October. Instructional programs for ages 5-8 introduce basic game skills in a fun, positive environment, with equipment geared for younger students; the next five-week evening sessions begin Sundays Sept. 16 and Oct. 28. The program fee for each of these sessions is $40 per person ($50 non-resident).
For ages 8-11, basic skills are learned in a progressive proficiency program; the next sessions begin Fridays, Sept. 21 and Oct. 26. The Aces program offers a combination of instructional plus game play for players ages 11-14; next sessions also begin Friday evenings, Sept. 21 and Oct. 26. The program fee for each of these sessions is $65 per person ($75 non-resident).
Sessions are also offered in January and April for ages 5-8 and 11-14, and offered in January and February for ages 8-11. Registration ends one week before each session start date if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park Customer Service (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
For session descriptions and schedules, check the Fall/Winter 2012 Rockford Park District Youth & Adult Program Guide, available online and at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800.
Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents. Information about support for players with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue