- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Youth Sports: Youth indoor volleyball programs begin in September
A variety of opportunities for youth to learn and play indoor volleyball is offered year-round at Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park.
Registration is under way for instructional programs beginning in September and October. Instructional programs for ages 5-8 introduce basic game skills in a fun, positive environment, with equipment geared for younger students; the next five-week evening sessions begin Sundays Sept. 16 and Oct. 28. The program fee for each of these sessions is $40 per person ($50 non-resident).
For ages 8-11, basic skills are learned in a progressive proficiency program; the next sessions begin Fridays, Sept. 21 and Oct. 26. The Aces program offers a combination of instructional plus game play for players ages 11-14; next sessions also begin Friday evenings, Sept. 21 and Oct. 26. The program fee for each of these sessions is $65 per person ($75 non-resident).
Sessions are also offered in January and April for ages 5-8 and 11-14, and offered in January and February for ages 8-11. Registration ends one week before each session start date if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park Customer Service (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
For session descriptions and schedules, check the Fall/Winter 2012 Rockford Park District Youth & Adult Program Guide, available online and at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800.
Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents. Information about support for players with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
From the Sept. 12-18, 2012, issue