- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Coronado Concert Association has new president
After 31 years at the Rockford Coronado Concert Association (RCCA), Mary Ann Smith has passed the “presidential baton” to longtime friend and board member Paul Baits. Recently retired as an electrical engineer from Hamilton Sundstrand, Baits has graciously and enthusiastically agreed to share his retirement with RCCA.
Baits has attended RCCA concerts for more than 50 years and has been a board member for 28 years. He is an accomplished pianist, business executive, dedicated community volunteer and adoring father and husband.
Mary Ann Smith’s brilliant talents and devotion to RCCA were boundless. Thankfully, she is not going far. She will continue as a RCCA board member. By unanimous vote, she has been appointed president emerita by the RCCA board, and will continue to actively support the Concert Association’s mission of bringing world-class music and dance performances to the Rockford region at affordable prices.
For more about RCCA, call (815) 968-9863 or e-mail email@example.com.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue