- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival Sept. 22
Online Staff Report
The Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22, at JustGoods fair trade store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
This year’s theme is political and presidential music. A presentation at 1 p.m. by Rockford Urban Ministries Executive Director Stanley Campbell will concern political music coming from the Democratic Convention.
Ken Regez from Janesville, Wis., who performed last year, will return and do a medley of political songs accompanied again by Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., at 11 a.m.
Dealers from around the Midwest will be on hand to appraise, buy and sell sheet music. People can see displays of historic music.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (815) 961-8664.
Posted Sept. 19, 2012