- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival Sept. 22
Online Staff Report
The Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22, at JustGoods fair trade store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
This year’s theme is political and presidential music. A presentation at 1 p.m. by Rockford Urban Ministries Executive Director Stanley Campbell will concern political music coming from the Democratic Convention.
Ken Regez from Janesville, Wis., who performed last year, will return and do a medley of political songs accompanied again by Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., at 11 a.m.
Dealers from around the Midwest will be on hand to appraise, buy and sell sheet music. People can see displays of historic music.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (815) 961-8664.
Posted Sept. 19, 2012