- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival Sept. 22
Online Staff Report
The Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22, at JustGoods fair trade store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
This year’s theme is political and presidential music. A presentation at 1 p.m. by Rockford Urban Ministries Executive Director Stanley Campbell will concern political music coming from the Democratic Convention.
Ken Regez from Janesville, Wis., who performed last year, will return and do a medley of political songs accompanied again by Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., at 11 a.m.
Dealers from around the Midwest will be on hand to appraise, buy and sell sheet music. People can see displays of historic music.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (815) 961-8664.
Posted Sept. 19, 2012