- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival Sept. 22
Online Staff Report
The Fifth Annual Rockford Sheet Music Festival will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22, at JustGoods fair trade store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
This year’s theme is political and presidential music. A presentation at 1 p.m. by Rockford Urban Ministries Executive Director Stanley Campbell will concern political music coming from the Democratic Convention.
Ken Regez from Janesville, Wis., who performed last year, will return and do a medley of political songs accompanied again by Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., at 11 a.m.
Dealers from around the Midwest will be on hand to appraise, buy and sell sheet music. People can see displays of historic music.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (815) 961-8664.
Posted Sept. 19, 2012