- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
I want a better choice
Personally, I wouldn’t vote for Mitt Romney (R). Or President Barack Obama (D) once again. But why? Because there’s too much controversy (unreliable hearsay) about him! And given a chance, he might get rid of welfare, Social Security, Medicare, and… etc.
Then, there’s President Barack Obama, who claimed to be a Christian (as a senator). But after he was elected (by a landslide), he was all for gay marriages and full-term (wholesale murder) abortions!
So, I’ll choose none of the above.
Philip J. Wilson
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue