- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
NIHGC makes changes to staff, board of directors
A promotion and staff and board additions took place throughout the summer at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (NIHGC).
NIHGC named Lisa Novak as executive director effective July 1. Novak, who served as the agency’s development director prior to her promotion, replaces Carol A. Bennett, who retired after 10 years with the agency.
Three community members were named to the Board of Directors in July, including: Kathy Lundy, longtime NIHGC patient volunteer and human resource manager at Chem Processing, Inc.; Scott Olson, vice president of Olson Funeral & Cremation Services, Ltd.; and Matt Dargene, commercial relationship manager with U.S. Bank.
Staff additions include admission nurse Tara Shale, RN, BSN, who brings to the agency 20 years of nursing experience, with three years in a hospice environment, and PRN nurse Juliette Strombeck, RN, CBN, BSN, who has 14 years of nursing experience and is enrolled in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Saint Anthony College of Nursing.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue