- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
NIHGC makes changes to staff, board of directors
A promotion and staff and board additions took place throughout the summer at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (NIHGC).
NIHGC named Lisa Novak as executive director effective July 1. Novak, who served as the agency’s development director prior to her promotion, replaces Carol A. Bennett, who retired after 10 years with the agency.
Three community members were named to the Board of Directors in July, including: Kathy Lundy, longtime NIHGC patient volunteer and human resource manager at Chem Processing, Inc.; Scott Olson, vice president of Olson Funeral & Cremation Services, Ltd.; and Matt Dargene, commercial relationship manager with U.S. Bank.
Staff additions include admission nurse Tara Shale, RN, BSN, who brings to the agency 20 years of nursing experience, with three years in a hospice environment, and PRN nurse Juliette Strombeck, RN, CBN, BSN, who has 14 years of nursing experience and is enrolled in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Saint Anthony College of Nursing.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue