- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
NIHGC makes changes to staff, board of directors
A promotion and staff and board additions took place throughout the summer at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (NIHGC).
NIHGC named Lisa Novak as executive director effective July 1. Novak, who served as the agency’s development director prior to her promotion, replaces Carol A. Bennett, who retired after 10 years with the agency.
Three community members were named to the Board of Directors in July, including: Kathy Lundy, longtime NIHGC patient volunteer and human resource manager at Chem Processing, Inc.; Scott Olson, vice president of Olson Funeral & Cremation Services, Ltd.; and Matt Dargene, commercial relationship manager with U.S. Bank.
Staff additions include admission nurse Tara Shale, RN, BSN, who brings to the agency 20 years of nursing experience, with three years in a hospice environment, and PRN nurse Juliette Strombeck, RN, CBN, BSN, who has 14 years of nursing experience and is enrolled in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Saint Anthony College of Nursing.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue