- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
NIHGC makes changes to staff, board of directors
A promotion and staff and board additions took place throughout the summer at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (NIHGC).
NIHGC named Lisa Novak as executive director effective July 1. Novak, who served as the agency’s development director prior to her promotion, replaces Carol A. Bennett, who retired after 10 years with the agency.
Three community members were named to the Board of Directors in July, including: Kathy Lundy, longtime NIHGC patient volunteer and human resource manager at Chem Processing, Inc.; Scott Olson, vice president of Olson Funeral & Cremation Services, Ltd.; and Matt Dargene, commercial relationship manager with U.S. Bank.
Staff additions include admission nurse Tara Shale, RN, BSN, who brings to the agency 20 years of nursing experience, with three years in a hospice environment, and PRN nurse Juliette Strombeck, RN, CBN, BSN, who has 14 years of nursing experience and is enrolled in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Saint Anthony College of Nursing.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue