- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
NIHGC makes changes to staff, board of directors
A promotion and staff and board additions took place throughout the summer at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center (NIHGC).
NIHGC named Lisa Novak as executive director effective July 1. Novak, who served as the agency’s development director prior to her promotion, replaces Carol A. Bennett, who retired after 10 years with the agency.
Three community members were named to the Board of Directors in July, including: Kathy Lundy, longtime NIHGC patient volunteer and human resource manager at Chem Processing, Inc.; Scott Olson, vice president of Olson Funeral & Cremation Services, Ltd.; and Matt Dargene, commercial relationship manager with U.S. Bank.
Staff additions include admission nurse Tara Shale, RN, BSN, who brings to the agency 20 years of nursing experience, with three years in a hospice environment, and PRN nurse Juliette Strombeck, RN, CBN, BSN, who has 14 years of nursing experience and is enrolled in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Saint Anthony College of Nursing.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue