- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
On the Waterfront needs a turnaround
I’ve been a member of this community for close to three-quarters of my 27 years. And those three quarters have involved some fond memories of On the Waterfront (OTW).
This past OTW has been the most dismal. Every year I go to On the Waterfront thinking “Oh, this will be the year … this will be the redeeming year.”
I miss the days of On the Waterfront engulfing our gorgeous downtown, attracting TONS of people and packed stages. It’s now quite sad.
What needs to happen to turn it around? I say kill it for a few years, build funds and reincarnate it as something else.
Look at what they did with the Rockford AirFest. It was absent for a long time, now it’s better than ever.
Please put On the Waterfront out of its misery to preserve the city’s dignity.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue