- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
On the Waterfront needs a turnaround
I’ve been a member of this community for close to three-quarters of my 27 years. And those three quarters have involved some fond memories of On the Waterfront (OTW).
This past OTW has been the most dismal. Every year I go to On the Waterfront thinking “Oh, this will be the year … this will be the redeeming year.”
I miss the days of On the Waterfront engulfing our gorgeous downtown, attracting TONS of people and packed stages. It’s now quite sad.
What needs to happen to turn it around? I say kill it for a few years, build funds and reincarnate it as something else.
Look at what they did with the Rockford AirFest. It was absent for a long time, now it’s better than ever.
Please put On the Waterfront out of its misery to preserve the city’s dignity.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue