- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
On the Waterfront needs a turnaround
I’ve been a member of this community for close to three-quarters of my 27 years. And those three quarters have involved some fond memories of On the Waterfront (OTW).
This past OTW has been the most dismal. Every year I go to On the Waterfront thinking “Oh, this will be the year … this will be the redeeming year.”
I miss the days of On the Waterfront engulfing our gorgeous downtown, attracting TONS of people and packed stages. It’s now quite sad.
What needs to happen to turn it around? I say kill it for a few years, build funds and reincarnate it as something else.
Look at what they did with the Rockford AirFest. It was absent for a long time, now it’s better than ever.
Please put On the Waterfront out of its misery to preserve the city’s dignity.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue