- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
On the Waterfront needs a turnaround
I’ve been a member of this community for close to three-quarters of my 27 years. And those three quarters have involved some fond memories of On the Waterfront (OTW).
This past OTW has been the most dismal. Every year I go to On the Waterfront thinking “Oh, this will be the year … this will be the redeeming year.”
I miss the days of On the Waterfront engulfing our gorgeous downtown, attracting TONS of people and packed stages. It’s now quite sad.
What needs to happen to turn it around? I say kill it for a few years, build funds and reincarnate it as something else.
Look at what they did with the Rockford AirFest. It was absent for a long time, now it’s better than ever.
Please put On the Waterfront out of its misery to preserve the city’s dignity.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue