- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
Photo IDs needed to avoid cheating
The Democrats complain about voters needing photo IDs. How else could one interpret this, but they want to cheat? States are rightfully purging dead people and illegals from their voting rolls. Do the Democrats plan on using these to their advantage?
If it puts some of our citizens out a little to obtain these IDs, we should remember our brave servicemen who may have made the supreme sacrifice to preserve our precious right of self-government.
Michael A. Smith
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue