- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Photo IDs needed to avoid cheating
The Democrats complain about voters needing photo IDs. How else could one interpret this, but they want to cheat? States are rightfully purging dead people and illegals from their voting rolls. Do the Democrats plan on using these to their advantage?
If it puts some of our citizens out a little to obtain these IDs, we should remember our brave servicemen who may have made the supreme sacrifice to preserve our precious right of self-government.
Michael A. Smith
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue