- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Photo IDs needed to avoid cheating
The Democrats complain about voters needing photo IDs. How else could one interpret this, but they want to cheat? States are rightfully purging dead people and illegals from their voting rolls. Do the Democrats plan on using these to their advantage?
If it puts some of our citizens out a little to obtain these IDs, we should remember our brave servicemen who may have made the supreme sacrifice to preserve our precious right of self-government.
Michael A. Smith
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue