- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Photo IDs needed to avoid cheating
The Democrats complain about voters needing photo IDs. How else could one interpret this, but they want to cheat? States are rightfully purging dead people and illegals from their voting rolls. Do the Democrats plan on using these to their advantage?
If it puts some of our citizens out a little to obtain these IDs, we should remember our brave servicemen who may have made the supreme sacrifice to preserve our precious right of self-government.
Michael A. Smith
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue