- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Remember other races on the ballot
While everyone has been focused on the presidential election between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, it is important to remember the races that are further down the ballot this November.
Rep. Bobby Schilling’s run for re-election in the redrawn 17 Congressional District, Glen Weber’s Winnebago County State’s Attorney race, Frank Gambino’s state Senate race, John Cabello’s state house race, and the county board races all matter, and all of them impact you.
When you leave the polling booth, please take a second to make sure that you left no race unfilled; your vote matters, as does whom you select to hold these offices and more.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue