- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Remember other races on the ballot
While everyone has been focused on the presidential election between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, it is important to remember the races that are further down the ballot this November.
Rep. Bobby Schilling’s run for re-election in the redrawn 17 Congressional District, Glen Weber’s Winnebago County State’s Attorney race, Frank Gambino’s state Senate race, John Cabello’s state house race, and the county board races all matter, and all of them impact you.
When you leave the polling booth, please take a second to make sure that you left no race unfilled; your vote matters, as does whom you select to hold these offices and more.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue