- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Remember other races on the ballot
While everyone has been focused on the presidential election between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, it is important to remember the races that are further down the ballot this November.
Rep. Bobby Schilling’s run for re-election in the redrawn 17 Congressional District, Glen Weber’s Winnebago County State’s Attorney race, Frank Gambino’s state Senate race, John Cabello’s state house race, and the county board races all matter, and all of them impact you.
When you leave the polling booth, please take a second to make sure that you left no race unfilled; your vote matters, as does whom you select to hold these offices and more.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue