- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Remember other races on the ballot
While everyone has been focused on the presidential election between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, it is important to remember the races that are further down the ballot this November.
Rep. Bobby Schilling’s run for re-election in the redrawn 17 Congressional District, Glen Weber’s Winnebago County State’s Attorney race, Frank Gambino’s state Senate race, John Cabello’s state house race, and the county board races all matter, and all of them impact you.
When you leave the polling booth, please take a second to make sure that you left no race unfilled; your vote matters, as does whom you select to hold these offices and more.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue