- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Remember other races on the ballot
While everyone has been focused on the presidential election between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, it is important to remember the races that are further down the ballot this November.
Rep. Bobby Schilling’s run for re-election in the redrawn 17 Congressional District, Glen Weber’s Winnebago County State’s Attorney race, Frank Gambino’s state Senate race, John Cabello’s state house race, and the county board races all matter, and all of them impact you.
When you leave the polling booth, please take a second to make sure that you left no race unfilled; your vote matters, as does whom you select to hold these offices and more.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue