- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rockford Park District wins WOWIE Award
The Rockford Park District announced the agency received a WOWIE (Wellness in Our Workplace) Award for the first time by demonstrating an employee wellness program that saves money on health care costs.
The award competition, called the WOWIES, is an annual competition sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois and the Illinois State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (ILSHRM). Seven companies, divided into two categories: one for companies with fewer than 200 employees and one for companies with more than 200 employees were recognized Aug. 7 at ILSHRM’S 13th Annual Human Resources Conference and Exposition held at Drury Lane in Oak Brook Terrace, Ill.
Rockford Park District received Platinum, the highest award, in the category of more than 200 employees, for excellent employee wellness programs demonstrating a work culture that promotes physical activities and healthy behaviors. The award recognizes the Park District’s commitment to its employee wellness program.
For further information, contact Debbie Gass, deputy director, human resources, at (815) 987-8801 or email@example.com.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue