- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Rockford Park District wins WOWIE Award
The Rockford Park District announced the agency received a WOWIE (Wellness in Our Workplace) Award for the first time by demonstrating an employee wellness program that saves money on health care costs.
The award competition, called the WOWIES, is an annual competition sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois and the Illinois State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (ILSHRM). Seven companies, divided into two categories: one for companies with fewer than 200 employees and one for companies with more than 200 employees were recognized Aug. 7 at ILSHRM’S 13th Annual Human Resources Conference and Exposition held at Drury Lane in Oak Brook Terrace, Ill.
Rockford Park District received Platinum, the highest award, in the category of more than 200 employees, for excellent employee wellness programs demonstrating a work culture that promotes physical activities and healthy behaviors. The award recognizes the Park District’s commitment to its employee wellness program.
For further information, contact Debbie Gass, deputy director, human resources, at (815) 987-8801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue