- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Rockford Park District wins WOWIE Award
The Rockford Park District announced the agency received a WOWIE (Wellness in Our Workplace) Award for the first time by demonstrating an employee wellness program that saves money on health care costs.
The award competition, called the WOWIES, is an annual competition sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois and the Illinois State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (ILSHRM). Seven companies, divided into two categories: one for companies with fewer than 200 employees and one for companies with more than 200 employees were recognized Aug. 7 at ILSHRM’S 13th Annual Human Resources Conference and Exposition held at Drury Lane in Oak Brook Terrace, Ill.
Rockford Park District received Platinum, the highest award, in the category of more than 200 employees, for excellent employee wellness programs demonstrating a work culture that promotes physical activities and healthy behaviors. The award recognizes the Park District’s commitment to its employee wellness program.
For further information, contact Debbie Gass, deputy director, human resources, at (815) 987-8801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue