- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Rockford Park District wins WOWIE Award
The Rockford Park District announced the agency received a WOWIE (Wellness in Our Workplace) Award for the first time by demonstrating an employee wellness program that saves money on health care costs.
The award competition, called the WOWIES, is an annual competition sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois and the Illinois State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (ILSHRM). Seven companies, divided into two categories: one for companies with fewer than 200 employees and one for companies with more than 200 employees were recognized Aug. 7 at ILSHRM’S 13th Annual Human Resources Conference and Exposition held at Drury Lane in Oak Brook Terrace, Ill.
Rockford Park District received Platinum, the highest award, in the category of more than 200 employees, for excellent employee wellness programs demonstrating a work culture that promotes physical activities and healthy behaviors. The award recognizes the Park District’s commitment to its employee wellness program.
For further information, contact Debbie Gass, deputy director, human resources, at (815) 987-8801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue