- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Rockford Park District wins WOWIE Award
The Rockford Park District announced the agency received a WOWIE (Wellness in Our Workplace) Award for the first time by demonstrating an employee wellness program that saves money on health care costs.
The award competition, called the WOWIES, is an annual competition sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois and the Illinois State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management (ILSHRM). Seven companies, divided into two categories: one for companies with fewer than 200 employees and one for companies with more than 200 employees were recognized Aug. 7 at ILSHRM’S 13th Annual Human Resources Conference and Exposition held at Drury Lane in Oak Brook Terrace, Ill.
Rockford Park District received Platinum, the highest award, in the category of more than 200 employees, for excellent employee wellness programs demonstrating a work culture that promotes physical activities and healthy behaviors. The award recognizes the Park District’s commitment to its employee wellness program.
For further information, contact Debbie Gass, deputy director, human resources, at (815) 987-8801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Sept. 19-25, 2012, issue