- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Stroke and osteoporosis screenings in Rockford Sept. 20
Residents living in and around the Rockford community can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture.
Riverside Assembly of God, 4242 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford, will host Life Line Screening Thursday, Sept. 20.
John Kost from Western Springs, Ill., participated in a Life Line Screening event in April 2008 and learned he had an abdominal aortic aneurysm. He writes, “I want to thank you and your organization for saving my life!”
Following are four key points every person needs to know:
1. Stroke is the third-leading cause of death and a leading cause of permanent disability.
2. 80 percent of stroke victims had no apparent warning signs prior to their stroke.
3. Preventive ultrasound screenings can help you avoid a stroke.
4. Screenings are fast, noninvasive, painless, affordable and convenient.
Screenings identify potential cardiovascular conditions such as blocked arteries and irregular heart rhythm, abdominal aortic aneurysms, and hardening of the arteries in the legs, which is a strong predictor of heart disease.
A bone density screening to assess osteoporosis risk is also offered and is appropriate for both men and women.
Packages start at $149. All five screenings take 60 to 90 minutes to complete. For more about the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-237-1287 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.
Posted Sept. 19, 2012