- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Third Annual Burning Cicada Art and Music Festival Sept. 22
Online Staff Report
KIRKLAND, Ill. — The Third Annual Burning Cicada Art and Music Festival will be from noon to 6 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 22, in the shelter house at MacQueen Forest Preserve, 3640 Scout Road, Kirkland, Ill.
All are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch/dinner to enjoy for themselves along with a lawn chair and plenty of water. No alcohol or outside firewood is permitted.
The day will feature performances by D.K. Kohlars, playing Hawaiian slide/blues guitar; Dori Berg, a folk songstress whom will be delivering her effortless folk poems through her acoustic guitar; and Mathew Tembo, who celebrates and shares his Afro-pop music that is both rhythmically lively and peaceful to the ear and mind.
As to other community contributions, exhibits will include the Kishwaukee Mudslingers, a student ceramics group from Kishwaukee Colledge; stained glass works by Sandra Schramel of Emergence Dance; Bodhdi Tree Mehndi; The Healing Arts Clinic of DeKalb; Angeleye Arts and Crafts; and demonstrations of various visual and musical open source programs that anyone may find useful and inspiring to create their own art and music.
The festival aims at being an encouragement to the community to explore their creativity as a collective experience of sharing their best with each other.
Burning Cicada, Ltd., is a hybrid Net-label that releases both free and commercial works.
Posted Sept. 19, 2012