- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Audubon Days in Mayville, Wis., Oct. 5-7
MAYVILLE, Wis. — The falling of leaves and crisper days ahead makes way for Mayville’s Audubon Days festival, located along the Rock River in the heart of Dodge County, Wisconsin.
Mayville — about a two-hour drive from Rockford — is the “Gateway to the Horicon Marsh,” the largest freshwater cattail marsh in the United States.
The Audubon Days festival, held Oct. 5-7, is the perfect destination to experience fall family fun and adventure in Wisconsin. Enjoy Friday night’s wine and beer tasting and the ever-popular bed races down Main Street, plus new races with recliner and tricycle races.
Saturday’s evening of entertainment with comedian Pat McCurdy guarantees lots of laughter. A new highlight for kids Saturday is the climbing wall.
For decorating your home in fall fashion or unique gift-giving ideas, stroll through the Arts and Crafts Gallery and Market Place. Gather your friends and family and enter the bean bag toss and listen to great music by the 6 Figures Band.
As one of the most unique fall festivals in the Midwest, Audubon Days, annually held the first weekend in October, coincides with Horicon Marsh’s bird migration and the peak of fall color. Whether looking to participate in the bicycle tour around Horicon Marsh, run or walk in the in the 5K, or paint a perfect day strolling through the arts and craft gallery, Audubon Days is a delightful autumn experience for all.
For more about Audubon Days in Dodge County as well as other fall events and activities, visit www.dodgecounty.com.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue