- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Audubon Days in Mayville, Wis., Oct. 5-7
MAYVILLE, Wis. — The falling of leaves and crisper days ahead makes way for Mayville’s Audubon Days festival, located along the Rock River in the heart of Dodge County, Wisconsin.
Mayville — about a two-hour drive from Rockford — is the “Gateway to the Horicon Marsh,” the largest freshwater cattail marsh in the United States.
The Audubon Days festival, held Oct. 5-7, is the perfect destination to experience fall family fun and adventure in Wisconsin. Enjoy Friday night’s wine and beer tasting and the ever-popular bed races down Main Street, plus new races with recliner and tricycle races.
Saturday’s evening of entertainment with comedian Pat McCurdy guarantees lots of laughter. A new highlight for kids Saturday is the climbing wall.
For decorating your home in fall fashion or unique gift-giving ideas, stroll through the Arts and Crafts Gallery and Market Place. Gather your friends and family and enter the bean bag toss and listen to great music by the 6 Figures Band.
As one of the most unique fall festivals in the Midwest, Audubon Days, annually held the first weekend in October, coincides with Horicon Marsh’s bird migration and the peak of fall color. Whether looking to participate in the bicycle tour around Horicon Marsh, run or walk in the in the 5K, or paint a perfect day strolling through the arts and craft gallery, Audubon Days is a delightful autumn experience for all.
For more about Audubon Days in Dodge County as well as other fall events and activities, visit www.dodgecounty.com.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue