- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours Oct. 2, 9
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse. Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s autumn beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring your binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Fall rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, Oct. 2 and 9, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., for $6 per person ($8 non-residents). Advance reservations are required; purchase tickets at either Rockford Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park) or at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford.
For more information or to arrange private rides, call (815) 987-8809. To learn more about Lockwood Park and its programs, events, and birthday party and rental opportunities online, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue