- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours Oct. 2, 9
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse. Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s autumn beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring your binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Fall rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, Oct. 2 and 9, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., for $6 per person ($8 non-residents). Advance reservations are required; purchase tickets at either Rockford Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park) or at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford.
For more information or to arrange private rides, call (815) 987-8809. To learn more about Lockwood Park and its programs, events, and birthday party and rental opportunities online, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue