- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours Oct. 2, 9
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse. Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s autumn beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring your binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Fall rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, Oct. 2 and 9, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., for $6 per person ($8 non-residents). Advance reservations are required; purchase tickets at either Rockford Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park) or at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford.
For more information or to arrange private rides, call (815) 987-8809. To learn more about Lockwood Park and its programs, events, and birthday party and rental opportunities online, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue