- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Lockwood, Page parks offer show wagon trail tours Oct. 2, 9
Enjoy traveling along scenic trails through Rockford Park District’s Lockwood and Page parks without riding a horse. Guided trail tours for adults ages 18 and older aboard the Lockwood show wagon provide time to experience nature’s autumn beauty as well as plenty of photographic opportunities, or bring your binoculars to identify native Midwestern birds.
Comfortable bench seating and a knowledgeable tour guide provide a relaxing midday excursion, weather and minimum capacity (eight) permitting.
Fall rides are scheduled for Tuesdays, Oct. 2 and 9, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., for $6 per person ($8 non-residents). Advance reservations are required; purchase tickets at either Rockford Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park) or at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford.
For more information or to arrange private rides, call (815) 987-8809. To learn more about Lockwood Park and its programs, events, and birthday party and rental opportunities online, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. Information about accessibility and support for patrons with disabilities is available at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue