- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
Thanks for assistance on the road
Editor’s note: One of our readers wanted to express appreciation to someone who helped with a disabled vehicle while traveling. We agreed to pass it on.
I am writing to thank Todd Matteson, who helped me with my two grandchildren; my van gave out, so he checked oil, coolant and gas.
We would have had to walk seven blocks. He was like an angel from heaven. Very nice guy and made sure everything was OK.
PLEASE print this in your newspaper. He really needs some credit. Todd and his father work at Matteson Service Center in Durand, Ill.
So nice to know that there are nice people around here.
I would definitely recommend them, considering what I saw him do — go out of his way.
The person who broke down!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue