- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Thanks for assistance on the road
Editor’s note: One of our readers wanted to express appreciation to someone who helped with a disabled vehicle while traveling. We agreed to pass it on.
I am writing to thank Todd Matteson, who helped me with my two grandchildren; my van gave out, so he checked oil, coolant and gas.
We would have had to walk seven blocks. He was like an angel from heaven. Very nice guy and made sure everything was OK.
PLEASE print this in your newspaper. He really needs some credit. Todd and his father work at Matteson Service Center in Durand, Ill.
So nice to know that there are nice people around here.
I would definitely recommend them, considering what I saw him do — go out of his way.
The person who broke down!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue