- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Thanks for assistance on the road
Editor’s note: One of our readers wanted to express appreciation to someone who helped with a disabled vehicle while traveling. We agreed to pass it on.
I am writing to thank Todd Matteson, who helped me with my two grandchildren; my van gave out, so he checked oil, coolant and gas.
We would have had to walk seven blocks. He was like an angel from heaven. Very nice guy and made sure everything was OK.
PLEASE print this in your newspaper. He really needs some credit. Todd and his father work at Matteson Service Center in Durand, Ill.
So nice to know that there are nice people around here.
I would definitely recommend them, considering what I saw him do — go out of his way.
The person who broke down!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue