- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Thanks for assistance on the road
Editor’s note: One of our readers wanted to express appreciation to someone who helped with a disabled vehicle while traveling. We agreed to pass it on.
I am writing to thank Todd Matteson, who helped me with my two grandchildren; my van gave out, so he checked oil, coolant and gas.
We would have had to walk seven blocks. He was like an angel from heaven. Very nice guy and made sure everything was OK.
PLEASE print this in your newspaper. He really needs some credit. Todd and his father work at Matteson Service Center in Durand, Ill.
So nice to know that there are nice people around here.
I would definitely recommend them, considering what I saw him do — go out of his way.
The person who broke down!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue