- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Thanks for assistance on the road
Editor’s note: One of our readers wanted to express appreciation to someone who helped with a disabled vehicle while traveling. We agreed to pass it on.
I am writing to thank Todd Matteson, who helped me with my two grandchildren; my van gave out, so he checked oil, coolant and gas.
We would have had to walk seven blocks. He was like an angel from heaven. Very nice guy and made sure everything was OK.
PLEASE print this in your newspaper. He really needs some credit. Todd and his father work at Matteson Service Center in Durand, Ill.
So nice to know that there are nice people around here.
I would definitely recommend them, considering what I saw him do — go out of his way.
The person who broke down!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue