- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Time to retire Jim Sacia
In the current political climate of “every incumbent must go,” I have to say, I agree completely and wholeheartedly! We are scheduled to vote both nationally and locally Nov. 6. I say it’s high time we in the 89th District retire Rep. Jim Sacia from his cushy post with his multiple taxpayer-funded pensions. Send him out to pasture to live out the rest of his days where he can offend people other than his own constituents. I propose a write-in candidate named Terry Smith of Lanark to replace the very tired and worn-out Jim Sacia. I will be writing Terry’s name in on my ballot this November. I implore every resident of the 89th District to do the same!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue