- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Time to retire Jim Sacia
In the current political climate of “every incumbent must go,” I have to say, I agree completely and wholeheartedly! We are scheduled to vote both nationally and locally Nov. 6. I say it’s high time we in the 89th District retire Rep. Jim Sacia from his cushy post with his multiple taxpayer-funded pensions. Send him out to pasture to live out the rest of his days where he can offend people other than his own constituents. I propose a write-in candidate named Terry Smith of Lanark to replace the very tired and worn-out Jim Sacia. I will be writing Terry’s name in on my ballot this November. I implore every resident of the 89th District to do the same!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue