- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Time to retire Jim Sacia
In the current political climate of “every incumbent must go,” I have to say, I agree completely and wholeheartedly! We are scheduled to vote both nationally and locally Nov. 6. I say it’s high time we in the 89th District retire Rep. Jim Sacia from his cushy post with his multiple taxpayer-funded pensions. Send him out to pasture to live out the rest of his days where he can offend people other than his own constituents. I propose a write-in candidate named Terry Smith of Lanark to replace the very tired and worn-out Jim Sacia. I will be writing Terry’s name in on my ballot this November. I implore every resident of the 89th District to do the same!
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue