- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Yoga, Tai Chi begin Oct. 3 at Nicholas Conservatory
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens offers yoga and Tai Chi for ages 16 and older of all abilities in four- or five-week sessions held throughout the year.
Enjoy the many benefits of both forms of these gentle stretching and strengthening exercises while surrounded by the tropical greenery of the conservatory (the sessions are generally held in the facility’s meeting room).
Upcoming fall sessions are as follow:
Yoga — Session 1: Thursdays, Oct. 4-25, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Thursdays, Nov. 1-29, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident) (no class Nov. 22).
Tai Chi — Session 1: Wednesdays, Oct. 3-24, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Wednesdays, Nov. 7-28, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $24 ($30 non-resident) (no class Nov. 21).
Register at least one week in advance for each session chosen, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (using credit card), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park, Ill.
More information about Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens and its programs, events, facility rentals, group activities and school field trips is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or at (815) 987-8858. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue