- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Yoga, Tai Chi begin Oct. 3 at Nicholas Conservatory
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens offers yoga and Tai Chi for ages 16 and older of all abilities in four- or five-week sessions held throughout the year.
Enjoy the many benefits of both forms of these gentle stretching and strengthening exercises while surrounded by the tropical greenery of the conservatory (the sessions are generally held in the facility’s meeting room).
Upcoming fall sessions are as follow:
Yoga — Session 1: Thursdays, Oct. 4-25, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Thursdays, Nov. 1-29, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident) (no class Nov. 22).
Tai Chi — Session 1: Wednesdays, Oct. 3-24, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Wednesdays, Nov. 7-28, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $24 ($30 non-resident) (no class Nov. 21).
Register at least one week in advance for each session chosen, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (using credit card), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park, Ill.
More information about Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens and its programs, events, facility rentals, group activities and school field trips is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or at (815) 987-8858. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue