- State Roundup: Union memo: Management threatens unsafe working conditions
- Performance review: Remote Treasurer employees pose problems
- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
Yoga, Tai Chi begin Oct. 3 at Nicholas Conservatory
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens offers yoga and Tai Chi for ages 16 and older of all abilities in four- or five-week sessions held throughout the year.
Enjoy the many benefits of both forms of these gentle stretching and strengthening exercises while surrounded by the tropical greenery of the conservatory (the sessions are generally held in the facility’s meeting room).
Upcoming fall sessions are as follow:
Yoga — Session 1: Thursdays, Oct. 4-25, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Thursdays, Nov. 1-29, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident) (no class Nov. 22).
Tai Chi — Session 1: Wednesdays, Oct. 3-24, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Wednesdays, Nov. 7-28, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $24 ($30 non-resident) (no class Nov. 21).
Register at least one week in advance for each session chosen, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (using credit card), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park, Ill.
More information about Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens and its programs, events, facility rentals, group activities and school field trips is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or at (815) 987-8858. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue