- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Yoga, Tai Chi begin Oct. 3 at Nicholas Conservatory
Rockford Park District’s Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens offers yoga and Tai Chi for ages 16 and older of all abilities in four- or five-week sessions held throughout the year.
Enjoy the many benefits of both forms of these gentle stretching and strengthening exercises while surrounded by the tropical greenery of the conservatory (the sessions are generally held in the facility’s meeting room).
Upcoming fall sessions are as follow:
Yoga — Session 1: Thursdays, Oct. 4-25, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Thursdays, Nov. 1-29, noon-1 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident) (no class Nov. 22).
Tai Chi — Session 1: Wednesdays, Oct. 3-24, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $32 ($40 non-resident). Session 2: Wednesdays, Nov. 7-28, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; fees: $24 ($30 non-resident) (no class Nov. 21).
Register at least one week in advance for each session chosen, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax (using credit card), or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park, Ill.
More information about Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens and its programs, events, facility rentals, group activities and school field trips is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/ncg or at (815) 987-8858. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
From the Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2012, issue