- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Brookfield Zoo at Midwest Museum of Natural History Oct. 6
Online Staff Report
SYCAMORE, Ill. — Staff from the Chicago Zoological Society, which manages Chicago’s Brookfield Zoo, along with animals from around the world, will be making the trip to Sycamore, Ill., for a program at the Midwest Museum of Natural History from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 6.
The mission of the Chicago Zoological Society is to inspire conservation leadership by connecting people with wildlife and nature.
Tim Sullivan, curator of animal husbandry for the Chicago Zoological Society, said: “Bringing some of the zoo’s ambassador animals to places such as The Midwest Museum of Natural History helps in making that connection. By providing these experiences for people, we hope they will develop caring attitudes and make a positive difference for wildlife through their daily actions.”
The animal co-stars are yet to be announced.
Midwest Museum of Natural History Director Molly Trickey said: “Museum staff doesn’t even know which animals will be coming. Actually, not knowing adds to the fun of it.”
Tickets are $8 for museum members or $12 for non-members. Fee includes museum admission for the day. Space is limited. For more about the museum and Brookfield Zoo’s program, visit www.mmnh.org or call (815) 895-9777.
Midwest Museum of Natural History is at 425 W. State St., Sycamore, Ill.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012