- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Discovery Center offers four fall classes for homeschoolers
Online Staff Report
Homeschool children ages 7 and older are invited to take their science studies to Rockford’s Discovery Center for any of four fall classes especially for homeschoolers.
Get to know other homeschool families, learn about science and have fun. Learn about and dissect plants in “Seedy Science”; mess with magnets in “Amazing Magnetism”; study sounds in “Can You Hear Me Now?”; and have fun with math in “Math-Magic Amusements.”
“Seedy Science” meets Wednesday, Oct. 10; “Amazing Magnetism” Wednesday, Oct. 24; “Can You Hear Me Now?” Wednesday, Nov.14; and “Math-Magic Amusements” Wednesday, Dec. 5.
Each class is offered in either 9:30-11 a.m. or 11:15 a.m.-12:45 p.m. sessions.
Classes are $13 for the public and $11 for members. Preregistration is required. To register, call (815) 963-6769 or drop by the Discovery Center Museum office during normal business hours. Payment must accompany registration. Registration closes at 5 p.m., Friday, of the week before class.
Discovery Center Museum is a non-profit children’s science museum with more than 200 hands-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children 6 and younger, and an award-winning outdoor Science Park.
The museum is ranked the No. 4 children’s museum in the nation by Child magazine.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily.
For more details, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012