- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Discovery Center offers four fall classes for homeschoolers
Online Staff Report
Homeschool children ages 7 and older are invited to take their science studies to Rockford’s Discovery Center for any of four fall classes especially for homeschoolers.
Get to know other homeschool families, learn about science and have fun. Learn about and dissect plants in “Seedy Science”; mess with magnets in “Amazing Magnetism”; study sounds in “Can You Hear Me Now?”; and have fun with math in “Math-Magic Amusements.”
“Seedy Science” meets Wednesday, Oct. 10; “Amazing Magnetism” Wednesday, Oct. 24; “Can You Hear Me Now?” Wednesday, Nov.14; and “Math-Magic Amusements” Wednesday, Dec. 5.
Each class is offered in either 9:30-11 a.m. or 11:15 a.m.-12:45 p.m. sessions.
Classes are $13 for the public and $11 for members. Preregistration is required. To register, call (815) 963-6769 or drop by the Discovery Center Museum office during normal business hours. Payment must accompany registration. Registration closes at 5 p.m., Friday, of the week before class.
Discovery Center Museum is a non-profit children’s science museum with more than 200 hands-on exhibits, planetarium, special area for children 6 and younger, and an award-winning outdoor Science Park.
The museum is ranked the No. 4 children’s museum in the nation by Child magazine.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily.
For more details, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012