- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Ebony & Ivory Evening in the Gardens to benefit Healing Pathways
Online Staff Report
Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center is planning an exciting new event, “Ebony & Ivory Evening in the Gardens,” surrounded by the autumn beauty of Anderson Japanese Gardens. This special event will be held from 5-6 p.m., Friday, Oct. 5, at the Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road.
The Ebony & Ivory event is an evening of chic white and black attire, featuring gourmet hors d’oeuvres and desserts, touring of the Gardens, and live entertainment by the famous Chicago’s Dueling Pianos. Cost is $65 per person, and luminaries may be purchased for $10 each. A cash bar will be available.
Attendees will have an opportunity to have a professional portrait taken by Nels Akerlund or Jeffrey Anderson from 5-6 p.m. Personalized luminaries of loved ones touched by cancer will illuminate the room. A 50/50 drawing will be held during the evening, and a live auction will be held for a pair of diamond earrings. A percentage of the proceeds will go to benefit Healing Pathways – CRC.
Since opening its doors in April 2010, Healing Pathways, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has provided more than 5,000 hours of complementary care including nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, and group support programming. These services help guests cope with the challenges of cancer treatment and do not impact their personal budget. Healing Pathways also introduces information and skills to help them transition into survivorship and optimal health.
Space is limited. For information, call Healing Pathways Office at (815) 395-5649.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012