- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Ebony & Ivory Evening in the Gardens to benefit Healing Pathways
Online Staff Report
Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center is planning an exciting new event, “Ebony & Ivory Evening in the Gardens,” surrounded by the autumn beauty of Anderson Japanese Gardens. This special event will be held from 5-6 p.m., Friday, Oct. 5, at the Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road.
The Ebony & Ivory event is an evening of chic white and black attire, featuring gourmet hors d’oeuvres and desserts, touring of the Gardens, and live entertainment by the famous Chicago’s Dueling Pianos. Cost is $65 per person, and luminaries may be purchased for $10 each. A cash bar will be available.
Attendees will have an opportunity to have a professional portrait taken by Nels Akerlund or Jeffrey Anderson from 5-6 p.m. Personalized luminaries of loved ones touched by cancer will illuminate the room. A 50/50 drawing will be held during the evening, and a live auction will be held for a pair of diamond earrings. A percentage of the proceeds will go to benefit Healing Pathways – CRC.
Since opening its doors in April 2010, Healing Pathways, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has provided more than 5,000 hours of complementary care including nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, and group support programming. These services help guests cope with the challenges of cancer treatment and do not impact their personal budget. Healing Pathways also introduces information and skills to help them transition into survivorship and optimal health.
Space is limited. For information, call Healing Pathways Office at (815) 395-5649.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012