- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Field Fastener makes Inc. 500/5000
Field Fastener, 9883 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Ill., a global fastener distributor, has once again been named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, earning its top spot on the Inc. 500/5000 list for the second consecutive year.
The Inc. 500/5000 list is an exclusive ranking list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. With 31 percent growth in revenue over a three-year span, Field Fastener was ranked No. 4149 overall on this year’s list and No. 165 for the manufacturing industry.
“We are honored to once again be recognized by Inc. magazine, and counted among other top growth companies in the U.S.,” said Field President Bill Derry. “We have a value proposition that truly lowers our customers’ costs and improves their competitive position. Our team is dedicated and well trained, a combination that has resulted in superior growth, not just in the past three years, but for the past 20 and will be the case for the foreseeable future.”
As a leader in today’s highly competitive fastener distribution industry, Field has built its reputation on meeting customers’ cost reduction, material availability, and quality requirements by utilizing superior systems, team members and suppliers. Field provides value-added activities and cost reduction solutions through various services, including vendor inventory management programs and technical support services.
“Even in a stagnant economic environment, Field continues to see impressive growth by providing industry-leading engineering and technical support, resulting in viable cost reduction solutions for fasteners and other Class C commodities,” said Field Executive Vice President Jim Derry.
“Now, more than ever, we depend on the Inc. 500/5000 companies to spur innovation, provide jobs and drive the economy forward,” said Inc. magazine Editor Eric Schurenberg. “Growth companies, not large corporations, are where the action is.”
Since appearing on the 2011 Inc. 500/5000 list, Field opened a new $3 million facility expansion and completed its acquisition of Fastening Solutions LLC, a division of Duncan Bolt.
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue