- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Field Fastener makes Inc. 500/5000
Field Fastener, 9883 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Ill., a global fastener distributor, has once again been named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, earning its top spot on the Inc. 500/5000 list for the second consecutive year.
The Inc. 500/5000 list is an exclusive ranking list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. With 31 percent growth in revenue over a three-year span, Field Fastener was ranked No. 4149 overall on this year’s list and No. 165 for the manufacturing industry.
“We are honored to once again be recognized by Inc. magazine, and counted among other top growth companies in the U.S.,” said Field President Bill Derry. “We have a value proposition that truly lowers our customers’ costs and improves their competitive position. Our team is dedicated and well trained, a combination that has resulted in superior growth, not just in the past three years, but for the past 20 and will be the case for the foreseeable future.”
As a leader in today’s highly competitive fastener distribution industry, Field has built its reputation on meeting customers’ cost reduction, material availability, and quality requirements by utilizing superior systems, team members and suppliers. Field provides value-added activities and cost reduction solutions through various services, including vendor inventory management programs and technical support services.
“Even in a stagnant economic environment, Field continues to see impressive growth by providing industry-leading engineering and technical support, resulting in viable cost reduction solutions for fasteners and other Class C commodities,” said Field Executive Vice President Jim Derry.
“Now, more than ever, we depend on the Inc. 500/5000 companies to spur innovation, provide jobs and drive the economy forward,” said Inc. magazine Editor Eric Schurenberg. “Growth companies, not large corporations, are where the action is.”
Since appearing on the 2011 Inc. 500/5000 list, Field opened a new $3 million facility expansion and completed its acquisition of Fastening Solutions LLC, a division of Duncan Bolt.
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue