- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Hiking Club offers hike around Levings Park Oct. 9
Online Staff Report
All ages are invited to join Rockford Park District’s Hiking Club from 9 to 10 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 9, to enjoy scenic autumn beauty on a free one-hour hike around Levings Park.
The hike will be led by the Park District’s Environmental Recreation & Education staff, who will provide information about the various aspects of nature sights and habitat along the way.
The group will meet at Standfield Beach inside Levings Park, 1420 S. Pierpont Ave., Rockford; no registration is required for this free drop-in program.
The hike location is subject to change; call (815) 874-7576 to confirm, or if weather is questionable.
More about Atwood Center programs, events, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012