- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Hiking Club offers hike around Levings Park Oct. 9
Online Staff Report
All ages are invited to join Rockford Park District’s Hiking Club from 9 to 10 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 9, to enjoy scenic autumn beauty on a free one-hour hike around Levings Park.
The hike will be led by the Park District’s Environmental Recreation & Education staff, who will provide information about the various aspects of nature sights and habitat along the way.
The group will meet at Standfield Beach inside Levings Park, 1420 S. Pierpont Ave., Rockford; no registration is required for this free drop-in program.
The hike location is subject to change; call (815) 874-7576 to confirm, or if weather is questionable.
More about Atwood Center programs, events, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012