- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Hiking Club offers hike around Levings Park Oct. 9
Online Staff Report
All ages are invited to join Rockford Park District’s Hiking Club from 9 to 10 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 9, to enjoy scenic autumn beauty on a free one-hour hike around Levings Park.
The hike will be led by the Park District’s Environmental Recreation & Education staff, who will provide information about the various aspects of nature sights and habitat along the way.
The group will meet at Standfield Beach inside Levings Park, 1420 S. Pierpont Ave., Rockford; no registration is required for this free drop-in program.
The hike location is subject to change; call (815) 874-7576 to confirm, or if weather is questionable.
More about Atwood Center programs, events, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012