- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Hiking Club offers hike around Levings Park Oct. 9
Online Staff Report
All ages are invited to join Rockford Park District’s Hiking Club from 9 to 10 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 9, to enjoy scenic autumn beauty on a free one-hour hike around Levings Park.
The hike will be led by the Park District’s Environmental Recreation & Education staff, who will provide information about the various aspects of nature sights and habitat along the way.
The group will meet at Standfield Beach inside Levings Park, 1420 S. Pierpont Ave., Rockford; no registration is required for this free drop-in program.
The hike location is subject to change; call (815) 874-7576 to confirm, or if weather is questionable.
More about Atwood Center programs, events, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012