- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Hiking Club offers hike around Levings Park Oct. 9
Online Staff Report
All ages are invited to join Rockford Park District’s Hiking Club from 9 to 10 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 9, to enjoy scenic autumn beauty on a free one-hour hike around Levings Park.
The hike will be led by the Park District’s Environmental Recreation & Education staff, who will provide information about the various aspects of nature sights and habitat along the way.
The group will meet at Standfield Beach inside Levings Park, 1420 S. Pierpont Ave., Rockford; no registration is required for this free drop-in program.
The hike location is subject to change; call (815) 874-7576 to confirm, or if weather is questionable.
More about Atwood Center programs, events, facility rentals, and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood. For information about disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012