- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Keith student receives national honor
The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) has announced that Keith Country Day School junior Shayaan Naseer has been selected for membership. The Society recognizes top scholars and invites only those students who have achieved academic excellence. The announcement was made by NSHSS Founder and Chairman Claes Nobel, a senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prize.
“On behalf of the NSHSS, I am honored to recognize the hard work, sacrifice and commitment that Shayaan has demonstrated to achieve this level of academic excellence,” said Nobel. “Shayaan is now a member of a unique community of scholars — a community that represents our very best hope for the future.”
Membership in NSHSS entitles qualified students to enjoy a variety of benefits, including scholarship opportunities, academic competitions, free events, member-only resources, publications, participation in programs offered by educational partners, online forums, personalized recognition items and publicity honors. For more about NSHSS, go to www.nshss.org.
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue