- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Keith student receives national honor
The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) has announced that Keith Country Day School junior Shayaan Naseer has been selected for membership. The Society recognizes top scholars and invites only those students who have achieved academic excellence. The announcement was made by NSHSS Founder and Chairman Claes Nobel, a senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prize.
“On behalf of the NSHSS, I am honored to recognize the hard work, sacrifice and commitment that Shayaan has demonstrated to achieve this level of academic excellence,” said Nobel. “Shayaan is now a member of a unique community of scholars — a community that represents our very best hope for the future.”
Membership in NSHSS entitles qualified students to enjoy a variety of benefits, including scholarship opportunities, academic competitions, free events, member-only resources, publications, participation in programs offered by educational partners, online forums, personalized recognition items and publicity honors. For more about NSHSS, go to www.nshss.org.
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue