- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Keith student receives national honor
The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) has announced that Keith Country Day School junior Shayaan Naseer has been selected for membership. The Society recognizes top scholars and invites only those students who have achieved academic excellence. The announcement was made by NSHSS Founder and Chairman Claes Nobel, a senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prize.
“On behalf of the NSHSS, I am honored to recognize the hard work, sacrifice and commitment that Shayaan has demonstrated to achieve this level of academic excellence,” said Nobel. “Shayaan is now a member of a unique community of scholars — a community that represents our very best hope for the future.”
Membership in NSHSS entitles qualified students to enjoy a variety of benefits, including scholarship opportunities, academic competitions, free events, member-only resources, publications, participation in programs offered by educational partners, online forums, personalized recognition items and publicity honors. For more about NSHSS, go to www.nshss.org.
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue