- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Keith student receives national honor
The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) has announced that Keith Country Day School junior Shayaan Naseer has been selected for membership. The Society recognizes top scholars and invites only those students who have achieved academic excellence. The announcement was made by NSHSS Founder and Chairman Claes Nobel, a senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prize.
“On behalf of the NSHSS, I am honored to recognize the hard work, sacrifice and commitment that Shayaan has demonstrated to achieve this level of academic excellence,” said Nobel. “Shayaan is now a member of a unique community of scholars — a community that represents our very best hope for the future.”
Membership in NSHSS entitles qualified students to enjoy a variety of benefits, including scholarship opportunities, academic competitions, free events, member-only resources, publications, participation in programs offered by educational partners, online forums, personalized recognition items and publicity honors. For more about NSHSS, go to www.nshss.org.
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue