- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Public encouraged to join support groups at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
Online Staff Report
The Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice has announced its upcoming schedule of support groups for children, teen-agers and adults. Support groups are open to anyone who has experienced the death of someone close to them and are offered at no charge.
Children & Teens
The Trek Support Group for children grades 1-6 and the Expedition Support Group for teens will be held Mondays for six weeks from 6-7 p.m. from Oct.8 through Nov. 12 at 5215 Newburg Road.
Ongoing support groups for adults coping with the death of a loved one will begin in September:
Tuesdays from 9:30-11 a.m. at 4215 Newburg Road
Thursdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at 4215 Newburg Road
Fridays from 1:30-3 p.m. at Peterson Meadows
Widowed Too Soon — for participants age 65 and younger, this group meets from 7-8:30 p.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 3300 Rural St.
Bereaved Parents — for parents who have lost children 1 hyear of age and older. This group meets on the third Wednesday of the month from 6:30-8 p.m. at 4215 Newburg Road.
Movie and discussion groups are also open to the public, from 3-6 p.m. on Sept. 10 and Oct.1 at 4215 Newburg Road.
For more information, contact Bereavement Coordinator Sylvia Sanderson at (815) 398-0500.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012