- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Public encouraged to join support groups at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
Online Staff Report
The Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice has announced its upcoming schedule of support groups for children, teen-agers and adults. Support groups are open to anyone who has experienced the death of someone close to them and are offered at no charge.
Children & Teens
The Trek Support Group for children grades 1-6 and the Expedition Support Group for teens will be held Mondays for six weeks from 6-7 p.m. from Oct.8 through Nov. 12 at 5215 Newburg Road.
Ongoing support groups for adults coping with the death of a loved one will begin in September:
Tuesdays from 9:30-11 a.m. at 4215 Newburg Road
Thursdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at 4215 Newburg Road
Fridays from 1:30-3 p.m. at Peterson Meadows
Widowed Too Soon — for participants age 65 and younger, this group meets from 7-8:30 p.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 3300 Rural St.
Bereaved Parents — for parents who have lost children 1 hyear of age and older. This group meets on the third Wednesday of the month from 6:30-8 p.m. at 4215 Newburg Road.
Movie and discussion groups are also open to the public, from 3-6 p.m. on Sept. 10 and Oct.1 at 4215 Newburg Road.
For more information, contact Bereavement Coordinator Sylvia Sanderson at (815) 398-0500.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012