- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Whiners and complainers in TRRT letters to the editor, articles and even the want ads outrage me. People, lose the attitude. Mature adults cope.
Discontented? Deal with it. Whoever said life was easy? Rockford is not a city of pathetic victims. Form a 12-step group to overcome obstacles, volunteer, learn something new, dance naked in your living room, but get over it. Take a deep breath, grit your teeth and repeat this adage: “Eat well, live long and be happy. What more is there?” Quit your kvetching!
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue