- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Whiners and complainers in TRRT letters to the editor, articles and even the want ads outrage me. People, lose the attitude. Mature adults cope.
Discontented? Deal with it. Whoever said life was easy? Rockford is not a city of pathetic victims. Form a 12-step group to overcome obstacles, volunteer, learn something new, dance naked in your living room, but get over it. Take a deep breath, grit your teeth and repeat this adage: “Eat well, live long and be happy. What more is there?” Quit your kvetching!
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue