- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
RACVB recognizes Rockton business
A Rockton, Ill., business is honored for its excellent customer service. The Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB) recognized Fatt Cat Café (formerly the Elderberry Tea Room) with the August “It’s a Great Day in Rockford” service award. This is the first time a Rockton business has won the award.
Customer service is a critical part of the visitor industry. Each month, RACVB recognizes those in the visitor industry who go above and beyond by providing excellent customer service. Award recipients can include front-desk staff at an attraction or hotel, wait staff, sales staff, cleaning staff or businesses that take customer service to the next level.
RACVB Executive Vice President Monica Krysztopa said: “Customer service can make or break an experience. If you receive great customer service, you’re more likely to recommend a business or destination to your friends, and we all know a friend’s opinion carries more weight than any paid advertisement. RACVB wants to make sure we recognize those businesses and employees who go out of their way to make that difference.”
Area residents are invited to submit nominations. Have you experienced excellent service? Were you “wowed” by someone going the extra mile? If so, send an e-mail to Monica Krysztopa, RACVB vice president, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (815) 963-8111.
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue