- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Response to Philip J. Wilson letter to editor (9/19/12)
Well, Mr. Wilson, you are not going to vote!!!
Guess what, you probably had the same sentiment last time, and look where we are as a nation. You probably didn’t like McCain either, and you voted for Obama, or I suspect you didn’t vote at all.
Do you realize how many men and women have fought and died so you could vote? Did you see the Iraqi people proudly showing their purple fingers when they were allowed to vote for the first time? They probably felt the same way (nobody to vote for), but they voted.
If what you say is true (no one to vote for), what did you do to try to get someone that you think was a better choice? Did you give money to a candidate? Did you attend any rallies for other candidates? Did you knock on doors and tell your neighbors who would be a better candidate? I would bet by the tone of your letter, you sat on your rear and let “George” do it, and we got Romney.
If you are happy with the things that Obama has done in the past 3-1/2 years, don’t vote, and maybe there will be many more like you who don’t vote, and we will have four more years of unemployment, everyone on food stamps, Obamacare, and maybe the national debt will be $30 trillion, and we will be begging China for more money, or they will own us.
Wonder what your home will be worth in another four years. I hope you have a job and don’t get laid off, because it’s hard to get a job nowadays with the same money that you make now.
James C. Davis
From the Oct. 3-9, 2012, issue