- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Windswept Quintet at Court Street UMC Oct. 7
Online Staff Report
The sounds of beautiful music will fill the Court Street United Methodist Church at 2 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 7, as the church begins its “Worship Through the Arts Series.”
The Windswept Quintet will be the first of four performing artists to take part in the series over the next several months. Rockford musicians Warren Heinke, bassoon; Sue Puetz, clarinet; Linda Confer, flute; Sue Getts, oboe; and Dick Hammond on horn have performed at a variety of venues from dinners and weddings to churches and concerts in the Rockford area. Their concert will inspire and entertain with their presentation of classical, popular and sacred music.
The concert will be at the church, 215 N. Court St., in downtown Rockford. A free-will donation is appreciated.
Over the next several months, organist John Linker, the Groundwork Dance Company and the Chicago Chamber Choir will take part in the “Worship Through the Arts” series
Court Street United Methodist Church can be reached at (815) 962-6061 or online at www.courtstreetumc.org.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012