- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
Windswept Quintet at Court Street UMC Oct. 7
Online Staff Report
The sounds of beautiful music will fill the Court Street United Methodist Church at 2 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 7, as the church begins its “Worship Through the Arts Series.”
The Windswept Quintet will be the first of four performing artists to take part in the series over the next several months. Rockford musicians Warren Heinke, bassoon; Sue Puetz, clarinet; Linda Confer, flute; Sue Getts, oboe; and Dick Hammond on horn have performed at a variety of venues from dinners and weddings to churches and concerts in the Rockford area. Their concert will inspire and entertain with their presentation of classical, popular and sacred music.
The concert will be at the church, 215 N. Court St., in downtown Rockford. A free-will donation is appreciated.
Over the next several months, organist John Linker, the Groundwork Dance Company and the Chicago Chamber Choir will take part in the “Worship Through the Arts” series
Court Street United Methodist Church can be reached at (815) 962-6061 or online at www.courtstreetumc.org.
Posted Oct. 3, 2012