- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
12th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show Oct. 13
Online Staff Report
The 12th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show on the Miracle Mile will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13. More than 100 hot rod and classic cars are expected to attend and compete for trophies.
This is the last car show of the season, and Miracle Mile is proud to sponsor such a family-friendly event in the neighborhood.
The event is free and open to the public. Proceeds of car entries benefit Youth of Northern Illinois Bowling Foundation and Boy Scout Troop 425.
Highlights of the day include more than 100 hot rod and classic cars on display; food and beverage provided by Shooters Bar and Grill; outdoor bowling provided by Don Carter Lanes. Classic car participants will be eligible for door prizes and cash giveaways every half-hour.
Free parking will be available in the parking lot west of Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012