- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
12th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show Oct. 13
Online Staff Report
The 12th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show on the Miracle Mile will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13. More than 100 hot rod and classic cars are expected to attend and compete for trophies.
This is the last car show of the season, and Miracle Mile is proud to sponsor such a family-friendly event in the neighborhood.
The event is free and open to the public. Proceeds of car entries benefit Youth of Northern Illinois Bowling Foundation and Boy Scout Troop 425.
Highlights of the day include more than 100 hot rod and classic cars on display; food and beverage provided by Shooters Bar and Grill; outdoor bowling provided by Don Carter Lanes. Classic car participants will be eligible for door prizes and cash giveaways every half-hour.
Free parking will be available in the parking lot west of Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St.
Posted Oct. 10, 2012